Sunday, September 10, 2006

Beads and More Beads! So Many Beads So Little Time! Wow, Labor Day is past and fall is about to appear before we know it. The fall colors inspire me to make beads to fit the mood and weave the leaves.

I wanted to let everyone know that Wendy Simpson Conner still has a few copies of her video, "The Bead Movement". If you are from Prescott you will know a good many of the people in Wendy's video. Wendy traveled all over the U.S. to interview bead collectors, bead makers, bead lovers, and The Bead Museum Founder.

Wendy encouraged many people to talk about why they love beads. Lindsey Wagner, an actor and bead lover tells her story about how she was introduced to the bead fever. After watching Wendy's video I made sure to watch every Lifetime Movie I could find with Lindsey Wagner. The warmth she added to Wendy's video makes me want to see her films and also check out the beads she may be wearing. You can find "The Bead Movement" by Wendy Simpson Conner in most bead shops. If you can't find it go on line and check and if you still can't find it contact me and I will give you her info. She signs the video if you ask her.

My dear friend Glenda Campbell and I were interviewed by Wendy at Antonius Glass Studio here in Prescott. We talked about the beads we make and we note that we have known one another since Mr. Chadwick's 5th grade class at Sunnyslope Elementary School. It was an afternoon I will not forget for sure. Also, just a note, I later flew to L.A. and went to the opening of the film, "The Bead Movement", which was at that time up for an Academy Nomination. ...An experience to remember!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home